Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Lists

Servus!

Lately, I have become interested in the concept of using lists. Lists for everything - mostly because I have this terrible habit of forgetting things (therefore incurring the wrath of my dear Wife).

I've been trying to come up with a useful way of noting down all the myriad things that I have to accomplish both at home and at work. Work has been relatively easy as I always have my trusty Moleskine handy with all my little flags, highlighters, etc on hand to catalog and prioritize what needs accomplishing. Home has been another challenge.

I have pocket-sized notebooks that I carry in my back pocket and a wonderful Fisher Space Pen in my pocket for writing things down. Sadly, when I'm sitting around in t-shirt and sweats or in my robe in the morning while sipping coffe, it's a bit impractical to lug these things around (not to mention embarrassing). This means that when my wife gets on my case about something (and she will...) I will forget it if I don't write it down.

Like this morning.

There was something between folding the laundry and buying cat food that I was asked to do but I cannot for the life of me remember what the hell it was.

I do know that I will be reminded of what that was tonight.

Pax,

Pathfinder

No comments: